AID is governed by an executive board composed of 7 members who come with diversified background and experience. The board holds its election after every three years and a designator can be re-elected with 51 percent votes. The board holds ordinary meetings in every quarter and has following functions:
- Conceive vision, goal and policies for AID;
- Formulate principles, procedures and guidelines for the work of the organization;
- Approve Plans, objectives and sub-goals for the next period;
- Make recommendations for operations of the organization;
- Contribute annually to the fund of the organization and work upon fundraising options.
- Building external relations of the organization; and
- Monitor ongoing programs, projects and sub-projects
- Ensuring accountability and run performance audit of the management.